Vaporizers are still a fairly recent innovation, but they have taken the hearts of cannabis enthusiasts by storm. For good reason – vaporizers offer some attractive benefits over smoking, while still creating the same pleasurable experience. The following are our top 5 benefits of vaping!
1. It‘s much healthier
One of the main benefits of using a vaporizer is that it is a much purer and healthier experience. Vaporizers heat up cannabis to the point where it causes the cannabinoids to evaporate, without causing the plant matter to burn. As a consequence, vapour does not contain any of the carbon-monoxide, tar or other harmful toxins found in smoke.
When marijuana is burned, the smoke created contains about 88 percent non-cannabinoid particles, which means only a small fraction makes it into the smoke. The majority of cannabinoids are destroyed by heat during the combustion process, instead creating potentially harmful particles. Conversely, when cannabis is vaporised, the cannabinoid content of the vapour is 95%, with the remaining 5% being made up of one single PAH and caryophyllene – a non-toxic essential oil found in cannabis and many other plants. As a result, pure cannabis vapour is significantly healthier than smoke.
2. It saves money in the long run
As explained above, vaporizers are much more efficient when it comes to getting the most out of cannabis. Some reports suggest vaporizers are between 30 – 40 percent more efficient than smoking. What this means is that less cannabis is needed to get to the same place you would smoking it. If you consider an efficiency of 30 percent, it means using a full one third less weed than normal, potentially creating substantial saving over a period of time. This saving can effectively make the vaporizer pay for itself, sometimes within as little as half a year – depending on how much you consume.
For more information on how vaporizers can save you money, and an example calculation, view our article “How to save money with a Vaporizer”.
3. No more smoke or smelly ash trays
Vaporising does not produce thick, clinging smoke the same way combustion does. This is because there is no tar or other chemicals present within it that cause it to linger and cling to clothes and other items. The vapour disperses within a few seconds of being exhaled, and only those in close proximity briefly smell it.
This has numerous advantages. Firstly, your home and clothing will no longer stink of smoke, and secondly, it adds an element of stealth as the vapour does not travel far before it disappears – this can be a distinct advantage should you want to get high on the go. That‘s a particularly important feature for vaporizer pens.
4. Easy to dose
Unlike some other methods of taking cannabis, a vaporizer allows for excellent control over the dosage. It‘s easy to reach the high you want; and because many modern convection vaporizers evenly vaporise the herb without destroying it the way combustion does, you can be sure you are getting the most out of it.
5. The stealth factor
Somewhat linked to the smell factor, using a vaporizer is extremely discreet, especially if you are using a vape pen. As the smell does not travel far, nor does it stain or linger, it is very easy to hide a vape pen quickly, should you need to do so. Also, many pen vaporizers look like e-cigarettes, so it is possible to go on a nice vape session in broad day light, without anyone noticing. Very handy for those who want to get high on the move.
As you can see, there are many distinct advantages of vaporizers over smoking. Ultimately, vaporizers revolutionise the way you use weed – for the better. It may be a large initial investment in the short term, but if you can afford it, it‘s a solid investment you won‘t regret.
Click on a tag or post below to read more on this topic
And not forget to sign up for our Newsletter