How To Make MagicalButter Gummies
- ¾-1 cup/180-240 ml MagicalButter Tincture (to be reduced to MBO in step 4, below)
- 12 ounces/340 g (4 packages of 3 ounces/85g each) flavored gelatin of your choice
- 1 cup/240 ml fruit juice of your choice, chilled
- 2½ ounces/70 g (10 envelopes of ¼ ounce/7 g each) unflavored gelatin
- ¼ cup/60 ml (for Step 2) plus 2 tablespoons/30 ml (for Step 5) honey or agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon/15 ml Tart & Sour or citric acid powder
- ½ tablespoon/7½ ml flavor extract
- In a large bowl, whisk all the gelatins and citric acid together.
- Separately, stir ¼ cup/60 ml honey or agave together with the chilled fruit juice; then, whisk it into the gelatin until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Set the gelatin mixture aside to soften, or “bloom”, while you reduce your tincture.
- In a large, non-stick sauté pan on low heat, reduce your tincture until almost all the alcohol has evaporated, creating concentrated MagicalButterOil (MBO). It should look like molasses.
- Add flavor extract, 2 tablespoons/30 ml of honey or agave, and swirl the pan in a circular motion until the MBO mix again resembles molasses; then add the gelatin mixture.
- Whisk the gelatin mix into the pan with the MBO mix, and begin to simmer the gummy cannfection over medium-low heat.
- Stir constantly for 7-10 minutes, or until the gelatin has completely dissolved.
- Using a large measuring cup with a pour spout, transfer the mixture into your molds, and refrigerate them for 45-60 minutes.
- Remove your Magical Gummies from the molds, serve, and enjoy! They’re so tasty and fun…you’ll barely be able to bear it!!
Chef’s Tip: Magical Gummies must be kept refrigerated. In the freezer they will keep for up to a year, in the refrigerator up to 2 months.
Click on a tag or post below to read more on this topic
And not forget to sign up for our Newsletter [mc4wp_form id=”2983″]