Did you know that marijuana is extremely beneficial for your brain? Here is a list of 5 incredible reasons you should probably consume more marijuana.
1. Brain Cell Growth – One of the few substances on the planet that actually helps your brain grow, cannabis is capable of producing neurogenesis. Several disorders, including depression, anxiety, are caused by a lack of adult stage neurogenesis. This unique ability is also why cannabis helps people who have suffered from strokes, seizures, and brain injuries recover faster.
2. Treating Brain Cancer – Cannabis has been proven to kill cancer cells without affecting normal cells. Studies in 1998, 2009, 2012, 2013, and 2014 all prove it.
3. Alzheimer’s Prevention – Over 44 million people around the world suffer from Alzheimer’s. The disease is caused by beta-amyloid plaques building up in the brain. Cannabis treats and even reverses the condition by clearing this plaque away. Dr. Chuanhai Cao, PhD., is a neuroscientist at the Byrd Alzheimer’s Institute, and explains it like this:
“THC is known to be a potent antioxidant with neuroprotective properties, (THC) directly affects Alzheimer’s pathology by decreasing amyloid beta levels, inhibiting its aggregation, and enhancing mitochondrial function.”
4. Anxiety – One puff of smoke, dose of oil, or bite of an edible and you will start to feel more happy and carefree. That is because cannabinoid receptors are found in centers of the brain that control mood, behavior, and thought. It’s euphoric and relaxing effects on both body and mind help you to shed anxiety like an itchy wool coat.
5. THC Protects Brain From Injury – NFL players know it works, and so does science. Cannabis acts as a protector and preventative in the system. Studies have shown in 2012 and 2013 that it protected the brains of mice from head trauma and carbon monoxide poisoning.
Do yourself a favor and consume as much marijuana as you can and your brain will thank you later on life.
Click on a tag below to read more on this topic