Have you ever wondered why there’s a need for high CBD strains? Are you familiar with how CBD can help many different medical conditions? High CBD strains of cannabis are becoming increasingly popular these days.
The highest CBD strain today could have as much as an 18:1 or even 20:1 CBD to THC ratio. What would low THC weed work for you ask? Low THC weed is helping many people with anxiety and depression. THC is known to increase paranoia in some consumers whereas CBD doesn’t.
Many consumers turn to Indica cannabis strains for their calming effects. Low potency doesn’t mean poor results. Sometimes it’s the answer you’ve been looking for. Before we get into the best high CBD strains out there let’s take a quick refresher on THC and CBD.
CBD vs. THC
Cannabidiol aka CBD is one of many compounds found in cannabis. Unlike THC, CBD doesn’t have psychotropic or intoxicating effects. This means you shouldn’t feel high from CBD. CBD has loads of medical benefits. In fact, it has more medicinal properties than THC.
Pain and anxiety are at the center of many medical conditions in which CBD helps to control and at times even treat. CBD is reported to be a Vasorelaxant, to suppress muscle spasms, treat psoriasis, slow bacterial growth, and that’s not all!
CBD is shown to help relieve anxiety and pain, reduce inflammation, reduce nausea and vomiting, reduces the risk of artery blockage, reduce blood sugar levels, convulsions, and seizures. I that wasn’t enough, CBD is an antibacterial, promotes bone growth, acts as a neuroprotective, and in studies is shown to inhibit cancer cell growth.
THC vs. CBD
Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (or THC for short) has a much different effect than CBD. THC is partially responsible for where the buzz from cannabis comes from. THC is required to treat certain medical conditions that CBD alone can’t handle. Conditions like that of Alexis Bortell who suffers from Dravets Syndrome Epilepsy.
THC is quite possibly the most popular compound in cannabis. It was first said to be isolated in 1964 by Raphael Mechoulam. THC is used by many people for the treatment of many things. Check out this list below of things that THC helps.
Anxiety and depression, nausea, vomiting, spasticity, pain, glaucoma, asthma, cachexia, eating disorders, and insomnia are a few of the areas where THC is proving to be effective as a treatment. Unlike CBD, when consumers intake THC, they become sedated to a point, some more than others.
Top 10 High CBD Strains Plus One
Let’s take a look at some of the highest CBD strains available today. Many of these are considered to be the best CBD strains on the planet. When it comes to CBD rich cannabis strains, perhaps nobody on the planet does it better than CBD Crew.
High-CBD cannabis strains help to control a variety of different symptoms from multiple different conditions. For those looking to benefit from the therapeutic medicinal properties of cannabis without the buzz, high CBD strains may be just the thing you’ve been looking for.
Individuals suffering from chronic pain and inflammation, fibromyalgia, anxiety, eating disorders, depression, and more often find relief from varieties of high CBD cannabis. Let’s take a look at some high CBD strains and how they may be able to help you.
- Dance World combines Mexican and Afghani genetics to create this high-CBD sativa cannabis variety. Hints of citrus and lavender with spicy herbal undertones will dance across your palate from this pleasing high-CBD cannabis strain. Consumers find this strain to help with depression and stress.
- Cannatonic is it cross of G13 Haze and MK Ultra. This extremely potent CBD strain of cannabis is said to help consumers who suffer from muscle spasms, migraines, anxiety, and general pain. A sweet, earthy flavor with woody undertones helps facilitate a pleasing consumer experience with Cannatonic.
- CBD Shark Shock is a CBD-rich cannabis strain that helps consumers who suffer from a lack of appetite, depression, inflammation, stress or pain. This delightfully fruity strain has a citrusy blast of lemon, fruity berry flavors, and a skunky undertone
- ACDC is a strain reported to help medical patients suffering from conditions such as multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, chronic pain, or anxiety. It’s also reported to help offset negative effects associated with chemotherapy treatments. A spicy herbal, earthy flavor is associated with ACDC.
- Stephen Hawking Kush is an Indica dominant high-CBD cannabis strain that helps fight nausea, anxiety and depression. An earthy Woody Pine flavor is reported for many different consumers making this a favorite of those who love the great outdoors.
- CBD Mango Haze is a CBD Crew original released in 2013. A combination of spicy and sweet meat flavors of pineapple, mango, and black pepper. The strain is known to help fight pain, fatigue, muscle spasms, and inflammation. If you love mango, citrus and spice, this one will treat you nice.
- CBD Critical Mass is high-CBD strain known to produce happy and euphoric relaxed effects. The sweet, earthy flavors with a spicy herbal finish are very pleasing according to many consumers. This high-CBD strain helps with headaches, pain and inflammation like no other.
- Charlotte’s Web sometimes referred to as Hippie’s Failure (due to its extremely low THC) is a Colorado classic from the Stanley Brothers that grabbed its claim to fame by helping save the life of a little girl named Charlotte Figi. With an earthy, flowery, citrusy flavor, this strain provides a creative, uplifting, and relaxing feeling for consumers. Those who suffer from inflammation, stress and depression along with pain often find Charlotte’s Web to be most beneficial for them.
- Pennywise is a high CBD Indica dominant strain created using Jack the Ripper and Harlequin. Consumers looking for relief from depression, stress, insomnia, and pain often turn to this high-CBD strain. Flavors of wood, earth, and spice will treat you nice when you enjoy Pennywise. When it comes to relief, there’s no clowning around with this high-CBD cannabis variety.
- Corazon may just win your heart when it comes to a high-CBD strain. This combination of Charlotte’s Web and ACDC produces a potent CBD variety. With spicy, fruity flavors and an earthy finish, this strain is a tasty treat. Consumers that’re looking for relief from migraines, stress, depression, and anxiety will really love this one. CBD has been reported to come in as high as 22.5% while only having 2.7% THC.
- Valentine X is quite possibly one of the strongest CBD strains on the planet boasting a phenomenal 25 to 1 CBD to THC ratio. Patients who suffer from conditions such as inflammation, or even cancer or seizures often turn to this extremely potent CBD variety of cannabis. This powerhouse produces euphoric creative effects providing focus and relaxation for many consumers. A pungent citrus and earthy flavor will please your palate should you land your hands on some Valentine X.
Click on a tag or post below to read more on this topic
And not forget to sign up for our Newsletter